Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 24th Rite Aid Trip

After a quick glance over the Rite Aid ad and matching up my coupons I made a trip over to the store to see what goodies I could score. I do want to mention that I had $6 +up rewards from last week's shopping trip that I applied to today's trip.

Rite Aid is another great store to coupon shop in. However, it can be slightly more difficult to navigate than CVS. Plus, I've noticed that they tend to have limited amount of product on the shelf (and sometimes they have zero of an advertised item....this is on day 1). Rite Aid's +up rewards are like CVS ECB in that it's tied to your card (so sign up for a free one next time you're in the store) and often has a limit of 2 (sometimes more, sometimes less). Rite Aid also puts out what they call Video Value coupons. These are essentially short commercials that you watch in order to get a Rite Aid Store coupon (which can be used in addition to a manufacture coupon). It's free to sign up to watch these videos and I definately recommend doing so. Also, lately Rite Aid has been putting a survey at the bottom of their reciepts. All you have to do is log on here enter your 16 digit code and take a short survey (less than 5 min) and at the end you'll be allowed to print a coupon for $3 off your next purchase of $15 or more (this $15 is BEFORE coupons).

Here's Rite Aid's coupon policy. Again, it's a good idea to print and have with you just in case you need it.

Now for what I did while in the store today:

Tran #1: Purchase Veet Gel Cream @ $6.49
              Purchase 3 eos Shaving Cream @ $2.99 each
              Purchase 1 individual pack of M&M's @ $0.88
             Use $3 off a $15 purchase from a survey I took of my last visit
             Use $2 off 1 Veet printable
             Use $1 off 1 Veet video value coupon
             Use $2 off 1 Veet in-ad coupon from this weeks ad (I checked with my cahsier about using both store coupons and she said it was allowed. In fact the in-ad coupon even advertised the video value coupon.)
              Use 3 $2 +up rewards from last visit
             Paid $1.34 plus tax and got back $7.88 +up rewards (3-$2, 1-$1, & 1-$0.88)

As I was leaving I remembered that the candy deal had a limit of 2 so I did a 2nd tran:
           Purchase 1 individual pack of Starburst @ $0.88
           Use $0.88 +up from Tran #1
           Paid $0.00 plus tax! (Which was $0.03!) and I still got yet another $0.88 +up

Total out of pocket: $1.34 plus tax
Total value: $17.22
Rewards remaining: $7.88 +up

No comments:

Post a Comment