Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Publix Trip

Today I made a quick stop to Publix for a few things. Todays ad was the same as last week because Publix extended the normal ad due to the Easter holiday. Because of this I didn't need too terribly much as I had picked up most everything last Thursday.

Before I get into to what was purchased I want to let you know that Publix accepts competitor coupons! This is great news for all Publix shoppers and means you can save even more! My Publix considers Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Food Lion and Kroger competitors, which means I can use any of their store coupons at Publix. Also, my store puts a limit of 4 items on their Buy One Get One Free deals. So, if I need more than 4 I have to make a 2nd trip or have someone come with me (I usually make a 2nd trip.) Note: Check with your local store to see what coupons are accepted as all stores are different.

Today I purchased 4 - 1.5 qts of Breyers Ice Cream, 4 - 20 oz cans of Dole Pineapple, 2 -Yoplait Yoplus 4 pack yogurts, and 1 - 5 oz. bottle of Franks Hot Sauce. Total before sales, coupons, and tax (we have to pay tax on food here in GA) was $33.51.

Everything was BOGO Free except the hot sauce.

I had 2 - $1.50 off 2 Breyers Ice Cream Target printable coupons, 2 - .50 off 2 Dole pineapple coupons from the 4/10 SS, 2 - $1 off 1 Yoplait Yoplus Yogurt printable coupons, and 1 - $1 off 1 Franks Hot Sauce printable coupon

At Publix coupons valued at .50 or less are automatically doubled in GA. This means that my 2 - .50 off 2 coupons for Dole doubled to $1.

After sales and coupons (but before tax since that can vary greatly) I paid $10.35! I also donated a $1 to March of Dimes so it was really $11.35. Not too bad when you consider the ice cream is regularly priced at $5.49 each!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment