Sunday, May 1, 2011

My 5/01/11 CVS Trip


Unfortunately CVS was kinda of a let down this week. But I still made a trip to get my moneymaking toothpaste and a couple other things. Check out my transactions below:

Transaction #1:
Purchase 2 - Colgate MaxFresh Toothpaste on sale for $2.77 each
Use 1 - $1 off 1 coupon from the May All You magazine
Use 1 - $0.75 off 1 Colgate coupon in the 5/01 SS
Use $1 ECB from last week
Pay $2.79 plus tax
Get Back $6.54 in ECB ($5.54 for buying 2 toothpastes and $1 for using my green bag tag for the 4th time)

Transaction #2:
Purchase 2 - Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 2 packs on sale for $3 each
Purchase 1 - Cascade Powder Dishwashing Detergent at $4.99
Use 1 - $1.50 off 2 Mr Clean products in the 5/01 PG
Use 1 - $1 off 1 Cascade from the $110 P&G coupon booklet previously available
Use $6.54 in ECBs from Transaction #1
Pay: $1.95 plus tax

Now here's where things were messed up a bit. I accidentally purchased the wrong Cascade item and because of that my ECB's didn't print. Once the cashier and I looked over why they didn't print we realized my error. I went to see if they had the correct Cascade item and the store didn't have it so I asked if I could return everything. That's when my cashier said she'd just go ahead and print my $3 ECB since I'm so friendly when I shop with her, which I thought was incredibly sweet and nice of her.

Total Value: $18.35 plus tax
Total Out of Pocket: $4.74 plus tax
And I have $3 in ECBs for my next visit to CVS

Please share how you did in the comment section...

No comments:

Post a Comment